12 Ways to Keep On Giving
Shopping for loved ones during the holiday season can be taxing and exhausting, especially when inundated with shopping choices. Every year, the pressure to find the perfect gift increases. But how do you choose the right gift with so many options and discount shopping days? It’s easy — give a gift that keeps on giving.
During the holiday season, Loggerhead Marinelife Center offers several ways and days to purchase a gift for a special someone while supporting sea turtle and ocean conservation. So “tis’ the season” to make a shopping list and check it twice for ways to give back to your community.
- Blue Friday (November 25) – While attending LMC’s annual Blue Friday event, engage in alternative free, family-friendly activities and learn how to wrap gifts sustainably. After you spend the morning participating in coastal clean-ups, head to LMC to purchase a toy in our gift store and donate it to Toys for Tots. During the holiday season we collaborate with Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce to collect new, unwrapped gifts for local children. We will have collection boxes at the Juno Beach Pier and LMC’s front lobby until December 5.
2. Small Business Saturday (November 26) – After visiting our sea turtle patients, make a stop in our gift store in celebration of Small Business Saturday. All proceeds from our gift store benefit our sea turtle patients and programs. It’s a great way to shop locally and have fun while doing it!
3. Cyber Monday (November 28) – Online shop until you drop on Cyber Monday. LMC will offer free shipping on all e-store items and 20 percent off sea turtle adoptions until 11:59 p.m. These make the perfect gifts for friends and family!
4. Giving Tuesday (November 29) – #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. To kick off the charitable season, you can make a tax-deductible donation in your loved one’s name or adopt a sea turtle patient for them.
5. Green Tuesday (November 29) – Browse green products and gifts from local artisans in celebration of Green Tuesday. Our gift store offers a selection of sustainable gifts, including reusable water bottles, dish cloths and Bento boxes.
6. Shop & Share (December 4) – Spread holiday cheer through the new year by joining us for a Lilly Pulitzer Shop & Share. Proceeds from the Lilly Pulitzer store on Dec. 29 at the Town Center At Boca Raton (2-7 p.m.) and The Gardens Mall (11 a.m.-7 p.m.) will be donated to LMC.
7. AmazonSmile – Thanks to AmazonSmile, when you purchase items from LMC, a portion of the proceeds will be given back to the center. While you avoid the holiday chaos and complete your shopping online, Amazon will donate 0.5 percent of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Loggerhead Marinelife Center.
8. SWIM – Until January 1 we are offering an early bird special for our SWIM trips. Give the gift of a once in a lifetime travel experience to Nicaragua or Hawaii. SWIM trips are more than a vacation – they’re a trip with a purpose. When you book a SWIM trip you will be giving back (respectively) to local sea turtle organizations in Nicaragua and Hawaii.
9. Makai Clothing Co. – Celebrate the good life by purchasing any product from Makai Clothing Co. and 10 percent of all net profits will be donated directly to LMC. Makai helps protect turtles from natural and human-caused threats by donating a portion of proceeds to our sea turtle patients.
10. Wanderer Bracelets – During the month of November, Wanderer Bracelets will donate 10 percent of all Sea Turtle Bracelet sales to LMC. When you purchase a bracelet you not only support sea turtles, but also the Balinese artisans who make the bracelets.
11. Gretchen Scott – Shop for a new holiday outfit for yourself or someone you love at Gretchen Scott Designs. Gretchen Scott generously donates 100 percent of all sea turtle print tunic sales to LMC.
12. Anisa Jewelry Designs – When shopping for a ocean lover, consider purchasing Artist Ansia Stewart’s stunning coastal inspired jewelry. Stewart donates 10 percent of all Loggerhead jewelry sales directly to LMC.