Run for ocean conservation with Loggerhead Marinelife Center at its sixth annual Run 4 The Sea on Saturday, June 17 along scenic A1A in Juno Beach, Florida.
The benefit race, presented by Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center includes a four-mile run for adults (7 a.m.) and a one-mile kids’ fun run (8:15 a.m.) For the first time, the event will also include a Virtual Run, making it easy for sea turtle fans everywhere to run for the sea from anywhere in the world. Plus, Virtual Run participants of all ages can run at any time and don’t need to clock or submit their time.
After the race, guests can enjoy premium breakfast service, unique vendors, interactive kids’ activities, a DJ and the awards announcement just behind LMC’s campus in Loggerhead Park. Awards are presented to the top overall male and female, top master male and female and top three male and female in 13 age groups. Winners from each category will be awarded stylish sea turtle trophies, and all race participants receive finisher medals.
Participants are invited to share fun race photos and selfies in the Facebook event page with the hashtag #Run4TheSea.
- Pre-registration is $35/runner; $40 beginning June 3. All participants (including those in the Virtual Run) receive a sport style t-shirt and custom finisher medal.
- Kids’ fun run is $10/child (Includes a child’s t-shirt and medal. Parents can run with their child at no additional fee.)
- Check-in for pre-registered runners opens at 6:15 a.m. the day of the race (same-day registration also available), with packet pick-up held from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at LMC on Friday, June 16.
- Anticipating over 500 participants, LMC will offer free parking in Loggerhead Park with overflow parking and trolley service at Juno Beach Pier Park, just north of the Center.
- LMC will be plastic bottle-free at this event, providing Boxed Water instead.
All proceeds benefit Loggerhead Marinelife Center’s mission of sea turtle and ocean conservation. Visit marinelife.org/run for more information or to register. Interested in volunteering? Email Veronica at email@example.com.
Event sponsors include: Presenting Sponsor Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center; Roger Dean Stadium; Atticus Printing; 24 Hour Health; Anchor Commercial Bank; Eavenson, Fraser, Lunsford & Ivan; The Gardens Mall; Orange Theory Fitness; Coastal Obsession; Boxed Water; Jersey Mike’s; Trader Joe’s; Dunkin Donuts; Burrito Brothers; Florida Power & Light Co.; and Jupiter Bounce.