Loggerhead Marinelife Center is again partnering with The Gardens Mall to offer ocean lovers a fun, interactive afternoon at Marinelife Day 2017: The Art and Science of Marine Pollution on Saturday, Aug. 19 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The free event, which takes place in the mall’s Grand Court, will feature interactive children’s labs, exhibits and activities that highlight Loggerhead Marinelife Center’s sea turtle and ocean conservation efforts, including Fun with Fletch (LMC’s mascot) Vet for a Day, Conservation Corner and much more.
Loggerhead Marinelife Center will announce science fair, art contest and Third Annual Juno Beach Pier Photo Contest winners. Guests will also enjoy a luxury raffle featuring donations from The Gardens Mall.
For those needing an excuse to shop, The Gardens Mall will donate five percent of the day’s total logged shopping receipts from any store to Loggerhead Marinelife Center. All guests have to do is mention LMC when they show receipts at the Information Desk. Additional donations will be made from the following retail partners:
- Athleta (10 a.m.-5 p.m.; five percent of sales)
- Bloomingdale’s (All day; 10 percent of sales) (ask for copy of receipt to deposit in donation box)
- Brio Tuscan Grille (Lunch; 10 percent of sales)
- Brooks Brothers (11 a.m.-4 p.m.; 10 percent of sales, plus 15 percent discount for customers)
- Bunulu (All day; 20 percent of sales)
- California Pizza Kitchen (All day; 20 percent of sales) (mention LMC to service staff)
- J.McLaughlin (10 a.m.-4 p.m.; 15 percent of sales)
- Jimmy Choo (10 a.m.-2 p.m.; 10 percent of sales)
- Kendra Scott (11 a.m.-2 p.m.; 20 percent of sales)
- Lilly Pulitzer (All day; 10 percent of sales)
- Madewell (All day, five percent of sales)
- Sam Edelman (All day; 10 percent of sales)
- Tommy Bahama (11 a.m.-4 p.m.; 10 percent of sales)
- Tory Burch (All day; 10 percent of sales)
LMC would like to thank The Gardens Mall, PNC Bank, PurePoint Financial and Loggerhead Marina for sponsoring Marinelife Day. For more information, visit www.thegardensmall.com/events/loggerhead-marinelife-day.
About The Gardens Mall
The Gardens Mall is located one mile east of I-95 on PGA Blvd. in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The luxurious, 1.4-million-square-foot, super-regional shopping center features more than 150 world-class retail specialty shops and restaurants. It is anchored by Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s, and Macy’s. The Gardens Mall is owned and managed by The Forbes Company. For more information about The Gardens Mall, call (561) 775-7750 or visit the mall online at thegardensmall.com.
About Loggerhead Marinelife Center
Loggerhead Marinelife Center is a non-profit sea turtle hospital that promotes conservation of ocean ecosystems with a focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles. The Center features an on-site campus hospital, research laboratory, educational exhibits and aquariums, and also operates the Juno Beach Pier, a pier that hosts world-class fishing and sightseeing. Situated on one of the world’s most important sea turtle nesting beaches, Loggerhead Marinelife Center is open daily and hosts over 300,000 guests free-of-charge each year. For more information, visit www.marinelife.org or call (561) 627-8280.