Why Should You Participate in The 7th Annual Run 4 The Sea?
Loggerhead Marinelife Center’s 7th annual Run 4 The Sea is coming up on Saturday, June 16! The race includes a four-mile run for adults and a one-mile fun run for the kids! The funds raised from this event will directly benefit LMC’s mission to promote conservation of ocean ecosystems with a special focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles. Is that still not enough to convince you to run four whole miles?! Well, here are a couple more reasons:
- You’ll run along the beautiful scenic route A1A – This view will make it feel like the shortest four miles of all time! Gazing out onto that glistening water will remind you that you are running for the beautiful ocean so many sea turtles call home!
- The event is completely plastic free! – We have gone plastic free for this event as part of our continued conservation efforts. We are offering boxed water instead of plastic water bottles for hydration!
- Family friendly – After the four-mile run for adults, we are offering a one-mile fun run for the kids! Cheer them on from the sidelines or run along with them (for free) as they support ocean and sea turtle conservation!
- Running is good for you! – Running is good for your blood pressure! If you suffer from any stress in your life, this is how you can blow off some steam! What better way to lower your blood pressure than saving turtles?!
- There will be a post-race celebration! – After both runs are completed there will be a celebration with a D.J., bounce house, gourmet breakfast, shopping and of course our lovable, huggable mascot Fletch!
Love all of these reasons but can’t make it because you are not local, working or have a conflict? Don’t worry, you can still participate in our Virtual Run! Our virtual runner option gives you the flexibility to run anywhere, anytime. You will still support LMC in our mission and earn a race medal and t-shirt! We do not require you to submit your time, but why not share with everyone your accomplishment by sharing a photo on social media and tagging Loggerhead Marinelife Center!