Today marks an official 50 years for the planet! On the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, we invite you to leave a legacy of 50 more with us. As the conservationist and research Jane Goodall said, “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.” Today, we hope you choose to help us create Waves of Progress and change the world with us.
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) is offering at-home activities for viewers to honor our blue planet, including a live stream of a triple-sea turtle release today, April 22nd at 3 p.m. EST. From sunrise to sunset, be a part of Earth Day’s golden anniversary with many of LMC’s offerings.
Earth Day lineup:
6:50 a.m. EST – Pay tribute to Earth Day by tuning into a virtual sunrise at the Juno Beach Pier. Join on Facebook Live.
2 p.m. EST – Take a crack at your sea turtle and ocean conservation knowledge during Virtual Coastal Classrooms! Join LMC educators on Facebook Live for entertaining and educational sessions.
3 p.m. EST – Watch the Center’s three-for-one virtual sea turtle release, including Oaky, Mark and Lilly Pulitzer’s, Citrus. Viewers can cheer on and wish patients well from afar via Facebook Live or Instagram Live.
Additional options to support LMC on Earth Day:
- Adopt a sea turtle – All symbolic sea turtle adoptions directly support the care of our sea turtle patients. Currently, LMC has 22 sea turtle patients.
- Build a sustainable Earth Day care package or purchase from the “Choice Matters” program on LMC’s estore.
- Receive a free bamboo straw with a purchase of $50 or more and receive free shipping with a purchase of $100 or more on our online store.
- Purchase a brick paver for the Center’s Waves of Progress capital expansion.
- Partake in the #StimulusCheckPledge and donate a portion of your check to LMC.
- Support Crunchi’s promotion where $5 is donated for every order of $150+ on Earth Day.
- Shop on Kendra Scott‘s online store and enter code GIVEBACK6754 at checkout to benefit LMC. 20 percent of all proceeds will be donated back to LMC starting today throughout Thursday, April 23.
- Give back to the planet while shopping on Amazon Smile and select LMC as the benefiting nonprofit.
- Engage in LMC’s #30DaysToZero waste challenge.
- Hit play for the planet, enjoy LMC’s Earth Day YouTube Playlist on dive cleanups, water quality, research and more!
Whether this is your crash course to living green or you’ve already built a sustainable lifestyle – don’t miss out on LMC’s virtual Earth Day experiences! For more information, please visit marinelife.org.
Loggerhead Marinelife Center. Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) is a nonprofit sea turtle research, rehabilitation and educational institution that promotes conservation of ocean ecosystems with a focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles. The Center features an on-site hospital, research laboratory, educational exhibits and aquariums, and also operates the Juno Beach Pier, which hosts world-class angling and sightseeing. Situated on one of the world’s most important sea turtle nesting beaches, Loggerhead Marinelife Center is open daily and hosts over 350,000 guests free-of-charge each year. The Center’s conservation team works with 90 local and international organizations across six continents to form partnerships and share conservation initiatives and best practices that are core to its mission of ocean conservation. The Center is expanding and has launched its Waves of Progress capital expansion campaign, designed to accelerate and amplify LMC’s conservation and education impact. For more information, visit www.marinelife.org or call (561) 627-8280.
Lauren Eissey, Public Relations and Engagement Specialist