On the 51st anniversary of Earth Day, we invite you to leave a legacy of 50 more with us! As a conservationist and researcher, Jane Goodall said, “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.” Today, we hope you choose to help us create Waves of Progress and change the world with us. In celebration of Earth Day, Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) is offering several ways to make a difference for the planet.
Ways To Celebrate Earth Day With LMC
- Adopt A Sea Turtle. Adopt a sea turtle – all symbolic sea turtle adoptions directly support the care of our sea turtle patients.
- Shop For A Cause. Enjoy 15% off items in our “Choice Matters” program through April 25. For inspiration, browse LMC’s suggested 12 sustainable items. All purchases directly support the care of our sea turtle patients.
- Make Art. Download Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens’ Earth Day Coloring Book featuring LMC! Local supporters can pick up a copy on Earth Day at LMC.
- Take An Eco-Tour. On Friday, April 23rd, join LMC biologists on a local kayaking eco-excursion and explore the diverse coastal ecosystems of Florida. Participants will learn about the local flora and fauna as well as gain insight into the importance of these delicate ecosystems to our community. To reserve this experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clean The Beach. On Saturday, April 24th, eco-advocates can help clean the beach, learn about the most commonly found marine debris items through LMC’s conservation efforts, as well as how and why LMC sorts and records all marine debris collected during their efforts.
- Go Green, Recycle. From April 22nd through May 1st, recycle plastic writing utensils, plastic personal care and beauty products, and plastic toothbrushes and toothpaste containers in LMC’s Terracycle collection bins.
- #30DaysToZero (Waste). Participate in LMC’s #30DaysToZero social media and video campaign. The premise of the campaign is to welcome kids to participate in daily conservation challenges or submit a brief video that responds to the question, “What is your hope for Earth Day?” High schoolers, however, are invited to submit a video designed to raise awareness for conservation for LMC’s Student Showcase Playlist on YouTube. The Center also has STEM-related material for teachers to distribute among students. Video submissions can be sent to email@example.com. Classroom materials can be requested by contacting Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get Inspired. Our researchers were recently featured in the BBC Studios’ documentary, “The Year Earth Changed.” Grab your popcorn and experience how wildlife from all corners of the world, including our local sea turtle population, got a much-needed break during COVID-19’s global lockdown. Watch “The Year Earth Changed,” exclusively now on Apple TV+. Build excitement for another documentary, “Rescue to Release: Saving The Sea Turtle,” which will premiere in Fall 2021. The documentary by West Palm Beach native and Los Angeles-based filmmaker, Marco Ragozzino captures the spirit of Loggerhead Marinelife Center and what makes Juno Beach a unique geographic location for sea turtle conservation.
- Hit Play For The Planet. Dive into marine education with LMC’s Educational Resources Playlist on YouTube.
- Vote For LMC. LMC has the honor of being named one of three finalists for the Providencia Award. This year, the recipient will be selected by a public vote. Vote daily until April 26th.
- Spread The Word. During sea turtle nesting season, thousands of nests are laid on the 9.5-mile stretch of beach that LMC monitors and protects. This beach happens to be one of the most densely nested beaches in the world! Share our Sea Turtle Safety Guidelines to help us further our conservation efforts.
- Leave A Legacy. Become part of LMC’s future and expanded campus. Purchase a brick paver for the Center’s Waves of Progress capital expansion or make a tax-deductible donation to LMC’s Annual Fund. With every dollar, you are helping us improve ocean water quality, reduce global marine pollution, and rehabilitate sick and injured sea turtles.
- Pay It Forward. Give back to the planet by shopping on Amazon Smile and select LMC as the benefiting nonprofit.
Whether this is your crash course to living green or you’ve already built a sustainable lifestyle – don’t miss out on LMC’s Earth Day happenings! For more information, please visit marinelife.org.
Loggerhead Marinelife Center. Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) is a nonprofit sea turtle research, rehabilitation, and educational institution that promotes the conservation of ocean ecosystems with a focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles. The Center features an on-site hospital, research laboratory, educational exhibits, and aquariums, and also operates the Juno Beach Pier, which hosts world-class angling and sightseeing. Situated on one of the world’s most important sea turtle nesting beaches, Loggerhead Marinelife Center is open daily and hosts over 350,000 guests free-of-charge each year. The Center’s conservation team works with 90 local and international organizations across six continents to form partnerships and share conservation initiatives and best practices that are core to its mission of ocean conservation. The Center is expanding and has launched its Waves of Progress capital expansion campaign, designed to accelerate and amplify LMC’s conservation and education impact. When complete, the facility will offer one of the world’s most advanced and unique experiences for guests and scientific partners. For more information, visit www.marinelife.org or call (561) 627-8280.