Summary: The Communications internship is open to students (undergraduates or recent graduates) with a focused interest in either marketing, public relations, communications, development or non-profits. Students will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the communications efforts in a non-profit environment by working directly with Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) staff. The internship is unpaid, and housing is not provided. Start and end dates are flexible to accommodate school schedules.
- College undergraduate student or higher from a U.S. or International School
- Days and hours are flexible
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organized
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- A desire to learn
- A positive attitude
- Maintain a professional attitude when representing LMC
Supervisor: Reports directly to Communications/Marketing Staff.
- Assist Marketing & Development staff with all aspects of the communications efforts of the center
- Administrative functions essential to carrying out daily operations
- Attend various outreaches and events over the summer
- Further support Loggerhead Marinelife Center’s mission: “To promote conservation of
Florida’s coastal ecosystems with a special focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles.”
Requirements to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Dates of Availability
- Desire to pursue a career in communications, PR, marketing, or non-profits
- Basic computer skill (knowledge in Microsoft Office is greatly desired)
- Strong attention to detail
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested candidates should send materials via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also mail your cover letter and application materials to:
Loggerhead Marinelife Center
Attn: Communications Internship
14200 U.S. Highway One
Juno Beach, FL 33408
Loggerhead Marinelife Center is an equal opportunity employer.