Sea turtles tell us the health of our ocean; the ocean tells us the health of our planet. Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) is one of Palm Beach County Florida’s most visited cultural and scientific destinations. On an annual basis LMC’s networked campuses attract over 500,000 guests. LMC’s Vision: To be a leading authority locally and internationally in ocean conservation via sea turtle research, rehabilitation, and educational programs.
In 2007, LMC opened its current campus in Juno Beach, Florida and for the past decade, our operating budget has grown at a blistering pace and our programmatic impact has expanded locally, nationally, and internationally.
Over a decade of impact and catalectic growth has prepared us to springboard into the future. In April of 2019, the Center broke ground on our capital expansion. When completed, the Center’s campus will triple in size and will offer one of the most advanced sea turtle and ocean conservation learning experiences for students and guests.
Our portfolio is unique in the non-profit arena:
- A top visited cultural destination, over 500,000 guests per year, a force for tourism
- The world’s most advanced sea turtle hospital, saving thousands of sea turtles annually and serving as a global veterinary teaching and training hub
- One of the most prolific ocean conservation & sea turtle research laboratories, LMC has one of the largest data sets in the world managed by exceptional PhD lead team, driving insights to action
- A highly evolved educational hub impacting over 70,000 registered students annually, county, state and where applicable federally certified and STEM infused curricula
- A global ocean and environmental conservation team, with nearly 90 global partnerships in 16 countries
Our unique multifaceted programming can attract, engage and ignite donors and prospects across a very wide spectrum of funding interests.
As such, we are seeking a dynamic professional to serve as a Content Production Coordinator.
Position Description: The Content Production Coordinator is a storyteller who is responsible for the videography and photography requirements of LMC. The position operates under the direction and oversight of the Senior Manager of Integrated Marketing and Partnerships. The Content Production Coordinator develops, coordinates, creates and produces digital content to be used for LMC’s marketing efforts. The position works closely with all departments of LMC, and is responsible for capturing signature events, such as sea turtle and hatchling releases.
Supervisor: Directly responsible to the Senior Manager of Integrated Marketing and Partnerships
Position Type: Part-Time
Qualifications: Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as with a team. In addition, must have excellent organizational, visual, design and interpersonal skills. Innovation and creativity is a must for this creative individual as well as strong attention to detail and ability to multitask. Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events is required, including signature events (Go Blue Awards, TurtleFest, and Run 4 the Sea).
Experience Requirement: LMC seeks a Content Production Coordinator with 1-3 years of relevant experience to join LMC’s marketing team.
- Advanced computer skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Gmail, Outlook, Web & Social Media savvy. Advanced use of Adobe Suite.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to seamlessly communicate with a variety of different audiences.
- Must be knowledgeable about the latest cinematography techniques and visual trends.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Experience with working for an agency, post-production company, or broadcast creative team is a plus.
- Mac proficiency is required.
Videography and Photography Duties
- Work closely with all LMC departments to capture and produce high quality photography and videography.
- Create promo videos for LMC, Juno Beach Pier (JBP) and Manatee Lagoon (ML).
- Document and capture important events at LMC, JBP and ML.
- Conduct routine product photography of LMC’s Retail components (LMC, JBP, and ML).
- Monitor daily campus schedules (LMC, JBP and ML) to capture compelling content.
- Coordinate and manage shoot schedule; assist with selecting models if needed.
- Responsible for the final product in its entirety (photo and video editing).
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms.
- Continually learn and stay ahead of the latest in camera and lighting techniques and technology.
- Work an irregular schedule, including nights and weekends to capture monthly beach cleanups, signature events, and Blue Friends Society Socials.
- Develop content calendar for photo and video projects.
- Coordinate film/photo projects.
- Assist with optimization strategies of YouTube videos and ads.
- Manage and organize extensive photo library.
- Become knowledgeable of each LMC department:
- Pier and Manatee Lagoon
- Other administrative tasks as assigned by Senior Manager of Integrated Marketing and Partnerships.
Schedule: This is a 25 hour a week part time position to start with the vision to obtain additional hours as needed for special event and project tasks.
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, multimedia, journalism, film, production or a related field is preferred, but not required.
Compensation: This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a key role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking a smart, thoughtful, and outgoing individual to work within the marketing department and help grow the marketing program and are prepared to offer a competitive part time wage.
Introductory Period: It is the policy of LMC that all team members, including newly hired, transferred and promoted team members, will be carefully monitored and evaluated for an initial introductory period on the job. After satisfactory completion of the introductory evaluation, such team members will be evaluated on an annual basis.
About Loggerhead Marinelife Center: Unique among nonprofits, LMC is a totally free (no charge) facility in North Palm Beach County, FL. The Center relies on the generosity of guests, volunteers, and supporters to power their mission and vision. For nearly 40 years, the center’s history revolved around community, family, conservation and fun. In their current structure, LMC’s significant scientific expertise rests upon their strong legacy of community and family engagement, providing guests and collaborators with one of the most unique experiences available. LMC is one of the most visited Cultural destinations in Palm Beach County. In 2019, LMC’s beachside campus attracted over 350,000 visitors’ half of whom were from outside of Palm Beach County.
LMC also operates the Juno Beach Pier and has an operating agreement in place with FPL’s Manatee Lagoon.
Total guests served on an annual basis = over 500,000.
On an annual basis, LMC provides over $52m of annual economic impact to Palm Beach County’s economy.
LMC’s core focus areas are: The Educational Institute at LMC: Over 70,000 registered students served in 2019. The Sea Turtle Hospital at LMC: Over 100 sea turtles and thousands of hatchlings saved in 2019. The Sea Turtle Research Laboratory at LMC: Advanced scientists and technicians responsible for 9.5 of researching one of the most densely nested sea turtle nesting beaches on our planet. Global Ocean Conservation: A multifaceted team dedicated to global collaborations with a ‘one ocean’ perspective, expanding LMC’s mission to nearly every continent.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Interested candidates, please email a digital link (e.g. Box, DropBox or Google Drive) with the items below to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Content Production Coordinator” in the subject line. *Please clearly label all items.
- 90 second video cover letter (should demonstrate your video skills, introduce yourself and highlight “why LMC?”)
- Three references
- Links to social media pages
- Portfolio (including 5+ samples of photography and 3+ samples of videography)
- *A variety of photography and videography are preferred.
You can also mail your cover letter and application materials to:
Loggerhead Marinelife Center
Attn: Amanda Moore
14200 U.S. Highway One
Juno Beach, FL 33408
*Loggerhead Marinelife Center is an equal opportunity employer.