Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) is one of the world’s most advanced sea turtle hospitals and one of Palm Beach County’s most visited cultural destinations. Founded in 1983, the Center has achieved very robust growth and is in the process of embarking upon a large capital expansion of the Juno Beach, FL campus.
LMC seeks a Development Assistant II to assist in the next phase of growth of the center’s development department. This position will focus on administrative tasks, event management, data entry, database maintenance, and a deep commitment to best-in-class donor services.
LMC’s Mission Statement & Vision:
To promote conservation of ocean ecosystems with a special focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles.
To be a leading authority locally and internationally in ocean conservation via sea turtle research, rehabilitation and educational programs.
LMC continues to experience measured growth and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth within the development department in order to support the center’s expanding operational/programming needs as well as the center’s ongoing capital campaign.
The Development Team serves as the Center’s ambassadors as well as the ultimate customer service representatives to prospects, donors, and guests.
The Donor Administrator provides administrative, event, database and donor management support to the Development Team and will be required to maintain extreme confidentiality with all donor information and associated data.
Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as with a team. In addition, must have excellent organizational, writing, and interpersonal skills. Must have a high degree of expertise and familiarity with CRM software packages, in particular nonprofit platforms like Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud, and/or Salesforce.com. Innovation and creativity is a must for this bright, energetic individual as well as strong attention to detail and a high level of integrity.
Hours will be Monday-Friday, normal business hours and available to support events as needed.
Directly responsible to the Director of Development. Indirectly responsible to the other members of the Development team and the CEO.
Donor Development Duties
- Maintain all donor files & correspondence
- Supports fundraising campaigns, inclusive of all development ecosystems and memberships (with the exception of capital) : Annual Fund, Circle of 100, and Blue Friends Society
- Circle of 100:
- Assist in the preparation of Circle of 100 Newsletters
- Maintain all Circle of 100 correspondence, including for private events and VIP experiences (Turtle Releases, Walks, events)
- Blue Friends Society:
- Maintain Blue Friends Society income and provide comprehensive reports to Development Team
- Create membership cards
- Maintain active/inactive member spreadsheet
- Membership Renewal
- Oversee membership renewal process
- Track revenue from renewal program
- Outgoing Donations
- Process, fulfill, and track donation requests
- Maintain inventory of donor development supplies
- Compile correspondence and reports on behalf of the Development Team which includes:
- Providing mailing lists to Marketing, Development, and CEO
- Composing donor acknowledgement letters in partnership with DoD and CEO
- Retaining and recording in-kind donation forms
- Proofreading and editing for quality assurance of all Development documents
- Providing specific donor reports for various donor segments
- Update contact information for donors and prospects as needed
- Ensure that all Development Department income is recorded completely and accurately in the database
- Other financial tasks including, but not limited to:
- Processing/reconciling CRM payments and all donor related revenue
- In partnership with finance, ensure sponsorship invoices have been distributed and received
- Assist Finance Department with accounts payable and receivables
- Prepare Development Team for all internal or external meetings including preparing agendas, taking notes, and following up when necessary
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities
- Become knowledgeable of each LMC department:
- Marketing & Development
- Research & Rehabilitation
- Education & Conservation
- Become knowledgeable of each LMC department:
- Acts as a gatekeeper and maintains confidentiality when necessary
- Other administrative and donor-services tasks as assigned by the Development Team
Event Assistance Duties
- Be available to assist with supporting all signature events:
- TurtleFest (March)
- Seminole Golf Invitational (May)
- Run 4 the Sea (June)
- Go Blue Awards Luncheon (October)
- Beach Bash Palm Beach (December)
- Work with Development Team to ensure all event arrangements are made, including:
- Invitation mail out and guest correspondence
- Special event income processing
- On-Site Event management including registration and fundraising
- Preparing sponsor recap books and guest thank you letters
Advanced computer skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Gmail, Outlook, Web & Social Media savvy a plus. Proficiency in Neon, Salesforce.com, Blackbaud / Raiser’s Edge is preferred (donor database management). Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to seamlessly communicate with a variety of different customers (donors).
College degree required.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a key role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking a smart, thoughtful, and outgoing individual. LMC is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, including a base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
This is a salaried position, which may require the supervision of one or more employees and requires significant exercise of independent judgment and discretion with respect to matters of significance and which directly relates to management and the general business operations of Loggerhead Marinelife Center. The job position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and no overtime will be paid.
It is the policy of LMC that all team members, including newly hired, transferred and promoted team members, will be carefully monitored and evaluated for an initial introductory period on the job. After satisfactory completion of the introductory evaluation, such team members will be evaluated on an annual basis.
About Loggerhead Marinelife Center:
Unique among nonprofits, LMC is a totally free (no charge) facility in North Palm Beach County, FL. LMC relies on the generosity of our guests, our volunteers, and our supporters to power our mission and vision. Our amazing 30+ year history is one of community, family, and fun. The good work we do on campus is designed to promote the conservation of ocean ecosystems and the protection of threatened and endangered sea turtles.
LMC is one of the most visited Cultural destinations in Palm Beach County and in 2018 LMC’s beach-side campus and pier attracted over 350,000 visitors nearly half of whom were from outside of Palm Beach County. In 2016, LMC entered into a working partnership with FPL to help operate Manatee Lagoon, a free educational facility in West Palm Beach designed to educate the public on the endangered manatee and the sensitive ecosystems the manatee calls home.
Our core focus areas are: education, research, and sea turtle rehabilitation and our campus is widely known for our world class sea turtle hospital, our cutting edge sea turtle research laboratory, our sea-side themed gift boutique, and our very popular public and signature events.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, “attention” Development Administrator.
You can also mail your cover letter and application materials to:
Loggerhead Marinelife Center
Attn: Development Administrator
14200 U.S. Highway One
Juno Beach, FL 33408
Loggerhead Marinelife Center is an equal opportunity employer.