Division / Title
Retail / Part Time Ecommerce Specialist
25-30 Hours per week
Retail Operations Manager
A member of the retail team, the Ecommerce Specialist is responsible for overseeing the products, systems and services that support the ecommerce business strategy at Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC). This includes the development and maintenance of the LMC, Juno Beach Pier (JBP), and Manatee Lagoon Estores. Additionally, the Ecommerce Specialist oversees the development of the Adoptions program for the LMC Gift Store and Estore.
• Responsible for Estore development, maintenance, and security.
• Develop and implement ecommerce strategy to improve website performance.
• Review emerging technologies, online trends, and apps/widgets for positive impact to current operations and recommend changes that will enhance or improve existing e-commerce efforts.
• Ensure that department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
• Coordinate with the marketing team a strategy to improve traffic acquisition and conversion rates through SEO, email and SMS marketing, and social media to drive Estore sales.
• Coordinate biannual lifestyle photo shoot.
• Publish new items/descriptions on Estore ensuring all product information is accurate, including measurements, weight, as well as consistency of photography graphics (size and image).
• Create, oversee, improve, or acquire white-background product photos for items.
• Perform and/or oversee customer communications and timely order fulfillment
• Execute promotional campaigns.
• Coordinate with Hospital and Marketing staff in the selection of turtles and the creation of package materials for the Adoptions program.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• College Degree in Business or related field is preferred.
• Proficiency in POS Systems, inventory management, and Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Ecommerce platforms and strategies (SEO).
• Experience with Big Commerce is a plus.
• Experience with Google Analytics.
• Excellent organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong commitment to corporate sustainability, ocean conservation, and the mission of the Center.
Founded in 1983, Loggerhead Marinelife Center is a leading cultural attraction in South Florida that provides open access to all guests. Today the Center is a global leader in the research, rehabilitation, and protection of sea turtles, serving our broader mission to promote ocean ecosystem conservation. Annually we reach 900,000 guests with our transformational education programs and partner with nearly 100 organizations across six continents and 16 countries in ocean conservation. In early 2022, we opened a new 27,500 square-foot campus that greatly expands our exhibition, education, and convening space and doubles our medical facilities.
Physical Demands + Work Environment
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Successful applicants must be comfortable in a highly dynamic environment in an active and busy office or outdoor setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position may involve working outdoors in Florida, often in hot and humid conditions, and at events that extend into evening and weekend hours. Must be willing and able to travel for offsite programming and possess a valid driver’s license.
This is a part time hourly position. The successful incumbent may be required to perform tasks beyond the scope of this job description as requested by the supervisor. This recruitment may be used to select candidates for additional open positions. It is our policy that all team members, including newly hired, transferred, and promoted team members, will be carefully monitored and evaluated for an initial introductory 3-month period on the job. After satisfactory completion of the introductory evaluation, such team members will be evaluated on an annual basis.
Interested applicants may submit their resume, cover letter, and the names of three references here.