Summary: The Guest Services Specialist is a full-time position responsible for the immediate facilitation of on-campus and online program registration processing as well as maintaining a professional atmosphere at LMC’s Greeter Station and across campus. This individual will serve as the primary contact for program-related inquiries across departmental reservation emails and serve as the campus operator for incoming calls to LMC. Customer service experience and passion for public service required. Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office preferred. Candidates fluent in Spanish strongly encouraged to apply.
Requirements: Must be available to a flexible schedule with non-traditional hours if needed, including late nights and weekends. Must pass a criminal background check.
Qualifications: Customer service experience and passion for public service required. Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office preferred. Outgoing and energetic personality.
- Maximize the number of quality guest interactions and communicate with multiple departments throughout the day
- Incorporate timely feedback to volunteers and interns from guest comments, personal observations and to continually motivate staff/volunteers to improve the guest experience
- Perform and/or deliver staff functions to include program reservations, program payments, welcome and way-finding, as well as program information
- Work with Marine Science Educator and volunteers to apply special training as needed
- Serve as professional, inter-departmental liaison under guidance of the Education Manager
- Oversee daily operational duties including daily meetings, customer service/recovery, crowd control at entrance, trouble-shooting, conflict management
- Monitor cash control activities, including payments, deposits, refunds, discrepancies
- Promote LMC programs for higher levels of guest engagement: programs, VIP experiences, events, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Adhere to all Loggerhead Marinelife Center policies, standards and guidelines
- Assist education team with program tasks as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills Required: Public speaking, organization, organizing small and large groups. Experience in a highly dynamic public setting while coordinating high-volume customer service demand is essential for the successful candidate. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by his employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Interested applicants may submit their resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com