Division / Title
Administration / Human Resources Manager
President & CEO
The Human Resources Manager oversees the Human Resources department. Responsibilities include staffing/recruitment, benefits and payroll administration, talent strategy, management coaching/development, employee relations, legal compliance, and HR policies and programs. The HR Manager establishes and drives HR programs and strategies forward while always ensuring initiatives align with Loggerhead Marinelife Center’s mission and objectives.
- Partners with leadership to understand and execute the organization’s human resource strategy, particularly as it relates to talent needs, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
- Responsible for payroll and benefits administration with assistance from Finance department.
- Develops, implements, and maintains HR programs, including compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, and training and development programs.
- Provides guidance and coaching to management and assists management with employee and team relations, performance management, and disciplinary issues.
- Investigates employee grievances and brings them to resolution.
- Prepares, updates, and enforces personnel policies and procedures; maintains employee handbook.
- Analyzes and interprets metrics and reports to guide decision making and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Responsible for risk mitigation and maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Manages and maintains HR software, systems, and records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of human resources generalist experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of payroll experience required.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and HRIS/payroll systems.
Founded in 1983, Loggerhead Marinelife Center is a leading cultural attraction in South Florida that provides open access to all guests. Today the Center is a global leader in the research, rehabilitation, and protection of sea turtles, serving our broader mission to promote ocean ecosystem conservation. Annually we reach 900,000 guests with our transformational education programs and partner with nearly 100 organizations across six continents and 16 countries in ocean conservation. In early 2022, we opened a new 27,500 square-foot campus that greatly expands our exhibition, education, and convening space and doubles our medical facilities.
Physical Demands + Work Environment
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Successful applicants must be comfortable in a highly dynamic environment in an active and busy office or outdoor setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position may involve working outdoors in Florida, often in hot and humid conditions, and at events that extend into evening and weekend hours. Must be willing and able to travel for offsite programming and possess a valid driver’s license.
This is a salaried and exempt full-time position. The successful incumbent may be required to perform tasks beyond the scope of this job description as requested by the supervisor. This recruitment may be used to select candidates for additional open positions. It is our policy that all team members, including newly hired, transferred, and promoted team members, will be carefully monitored and evaluated for an initial introductory 3 month period on the job. After satisfactory completion of the introductory evaluation, such team members will be evaluated on an annual basis.
Interested applicants may apply here: https://marinelife.bamboohr.com/careers/24?source=aWQ9Nw%3D%3D