Summary: The Junior Camp Counselor reports directly to the Senior Camp Counselors and/or the Community Outreach Coordinator and is responsible for aiding in the supervision of all camp participants. Junior Camp Counselors will be responsible for assisting the senior counselors in daily administration of the Summer Camp Program, including: ensuring the well-being and safety of all participants, administering games and activities, providing daily feedback to the Community Outreach Coordinator, filling out paperwork and maintaining daily logs, and maintaining a fun and safe environment for the participants. The Junior Counselor is also charged with supervising the Counselors-in –Training. This is a paid position.
Requirements: Must be at least 18 years or older. Maintain current Adult and Child CPR/AED certifications (provided during training) as well as be a strong swimmer. Must be available to work Mondays – Fridays, 9am- 5pm. Must pass a criminal background check. Must be able to attend mandatory training sessions May 20th –May 22nd & May 26th – May 30th; must be available for duration of camp, which runs from June 1st through August 7th.
Qualifications: Previous work with summer camps or interaction with large groups of children. Experience in some fields of science such as biology, marine biology, ecology as well as a general knowledge of Florida ecosystems preferred. Outgoing and energetic personality.
- Lead campers through hands-on activities, labs, presentations, field trips, and experiments.
- Ensure that campers at all times are supervised and maintain a safe and enjoyable camp environment.
- Act as a leader for all Counselors-in-Training (CIT’s), providing them with instructions for daily activities.
- Aid senior counselors in tracking each camper’s medical conditions as well as photo release restrictions.
- Keep track of supplies for camp and convey to the Senior Counselors and education department staff any needs the camp has.
- Perform head-counts of participants throughout the day.
- Ensure participants are safe (properly hydrated, playing areas are free of hazards, etc.).
- Follow all protocols found in the camp standard operating procedures.
- Interact with parents/guardians during drop-off and pick-up times.
- Assign duties for daily set-up and clean-up of the camp area.
- Carrying/keep track of activity supplies throughout campus as well off site.
Skills Required: Public speaking, organization, leading small groups. CPR and Lifeguard certification preferred. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by his employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Interested applicants may submit their resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com