About: Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit sea turtle education and ocean conservation facility located on the Atlantic Ocean in Juno Beach, FL. LMC’s core competencies are: Education, Research, and Sea Turtle Rehabilitation.
Summary: The Part Time cafe Attendant is responsible for performing a variety of duties within the cafe area which include executing customer transactions, cleaning the food and stock areas, restocking merchandise and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the Cafe Manager & Director of Retail Operations. This person requires attendant to open and close the cafe with all deposit and opening/closing procedures followed strictly and consistently.
Qualifications: Experience as a sales associate a must preferably working in the food service industry. Must be organized and possess strong customer service skills. This role also requires the ability to use a point-of-sale computer system.
Supervisor: Directly responsible to Café Manager and Director of Retail Operations.
Job Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
• Maintain customer service standards to the highest possible level
• Take responsibility in coordination with the Café Manager or Director of Retail Operations for productivity and profitability
of the snack bar
• Maintain the highest level of security and safety awareness in the snack bar
• Have thorough knowledge of inventory and products sold
• Mandatory to have the ability to work shifts on weekends and holidays according to the needs of the café
• Maintain appropriate cleanliness standards as designated by Café Manager or Director of Retail Operations
• Follows all appropriate food handling guidelines as established by Café Manager or Director of Retail Operations
• Inspects food and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and complying with mandated health standards
• Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying
with current health standards
• Inventories food, condiments and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected
• Monitors kitchen and table areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary environment
• Reports equipment malfunctions to Café Manager or Director of Retail Operations
• Other duties as assigned Skills Required: Proficiency working with POS systems is mandatory.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to Kfisher@marinelife.org.
You can also mail your cover letter and application materials to:
Loggerhead Marinelife Center
Attn: Kim Fisher
14200 U.S. Highway One
Juno Beach, FL 33408
Loggerhead Marinelife Center is an equal opportunity employer.