Division / Title
Operations / Maintenance Technician
Campus Operations Manager
The Maintenance Technician will work independently to assume responsibility for maintaining the physical assets of the property at Loggerhead Marinelife Center and the Juno Beach Pier. This includes performing preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. The individual will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
• Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
• Assists with monitoring and maintaining all building systems as assigned.
• As directed, completes grounds work which includes, washing windows, pressure washing, weed control, trash pickup, painting, landscaping and maintaining the dumpster area.
• Responsible for transporting equipment and supplies to off campus locations, especially for programs and events.
• Assists the Campus Operations Manager with maintaining facility tools and equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining a professional, courteous manner with all employees, contractors and guests.
• Responsible for assuring safety standards are used at all times.
• Responsible for understanding and following established department procedures and company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• As needed, performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic understanding of building operations and infrastructure including, but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, drywall, painting, and masonry.
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to work outdoors under extreme conditions.
• Ability to safely operate all-terrain vehicles.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Founded in 1983, Loggerhead Marinelife Center is a leading cultural attraction in South Florida that provides open access to all guests. Today the Center is a global leader in the research, rehabilitation, and protection of sea turtles, serving our broader mission to promote ocean ecosystem conservation.
Annually we reach 900,000 guests with our transformational education programs and partner with nearly 100 organizations across six continents and 16 countries in ocean conservation. In early 2022, we will open a new 27,500 square-foot campus that greatly expands our exhibition, education, and convening space and doubles our medical facilities.
Physical Demands + Work Environment
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Successful applicants must be comfortable in a highly dynamic environment in an active and busy office or outdoor setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position may involve working outdoors in Florida, often in hot and humid conditions, and at events that extend into evening and weekend hours. Must be willing and able to travel for offsite programming and possess a valid driver’s license.
This is an hourly and non-exempt position. The successful incumbent may be required to perform tasks beyond the scope of this job description as requested by the supervisor. This recruitment may be used to select candidates for additional open positions. It is our policy that all team members, including newly hired, transferred, and promoted team members, will be carefully monitored and evaluated for an initial introductory 3 month period on the job. After satisfactory completion of the introductory evaluation, such team members will be evaluated on an annual basis.
Interested applicants may submit their resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter with available start date, and two letters of recommendation (to be sent directly from references) to firstname.lastname@example.org.