About (www.marinelife.org): Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit sea turtle education and ocean conservation facility located on the Atlantic Ocean in Juno Beach, FL. LMC’s core competencies are: Education, Research, and Sea Turtle Rehabilitation.
- LMC is one of the most visited cultural destinations in Palm Beach County, FL hosting over 350,000 visitors annually
- LMC’s beach-side campus houses a variety of exhibits, including live sea turtles, a world class sea turtle hospital, and an on-campus learning center which hosts more 20,000 school age children each year
- LMC’s has a very successful retail store which has grown into a well-known shopping destination offering beautiful unique gifts for visitors of all ages
Summary: The Part Time Sales Associate is responsible for sales execution, and providing an outstanding shopping experience for our customers. This position may be depended upon to open and close the store as needed, with all deposit and opening/closing procedures followed strictly and consistently. Receiving merchandise and stocking the store with merchandise as needed are requirements as well.
Qualifications: Experience as a sales associate a must preferably working for a national retailer. Must be organized and possess strong sales skills and people skills. This role also requires strong computer skills and the ability to analyze sales data. Position requires flexibility in scheduling with availability on nights and weekends.
Supervisor: Directly responsible to Gift Store Manager
Job Responsibilities: Includes, but not limited to the following:
- Achieve and exceed sales goals
- Maintain customer service standards to the highest possible level
- Take responsibility in coordination with the Gift Store Manager for productivity and profitability of the store
- Maintain the highest level of security and safety awareness in the store
- Develop volunteers to be knowledgeable in areas of product, merchandising, customer service, and sales goals/objectives
- In coordination with the Gift Store Manager, participate in the execution of effectively receiving and merchandising inventory
- Have thorough knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization
- Responsible for all activities within the store in the absence of the Senior Sales Associate or Gift Store Manager
- Ability to work shifts on weekends and holidays according to the needs of the store
Skills Required: Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
It is the policy of LMC that all team members, including newly hired, transferred and promoted team members, will be carefully monitored and evaluated for an initial introductory period on the job. After satisfactory completion of the introductory evaluation, such team members will be evaluated on an annual basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to Bsinger@marinelife.org
You can also mail your cover letter and application materials to:
Loggerhead Marinelife Center
Attn: Beverly Singer
14200 U.S. Highway One
Juno Beach, FL 33408
Loggerhead Marinelife Center is an equal opportunity employer.