Do you have a passion for ocean and sea turtle conservation?
Join our volunteer team today!
Education Volunteer Positions
Volunteers are the heart & soul of Loggerhead Marinelife Center.
Make a difference and join our amazing volunteer team today!
- Take an active role in ocean conservation.
- Make new friends with similar interests.
- Gain real life work experience.
- Continue your education through ongoing training lectures and classes.
- Volunteer recognition party and rewards.
- Discount pricing at Loggerhead Marinelife Center's marine-themed gift store and on LMC programs.
- Discount pricing on scuba dive certifications, boat fees, and rental gear.
- Exclusive turtle walk and public hatchling release programs for LMC volunteers.
Volunteers must be at least sixteen years of age and must work a minimum of one 3.5 hour shift per week. There is a minimum six month commitment with exception to seasonal summer positions. Sea Turtle Rehab volunteers must be at least eighteen years of age and have graduated from high school. No experience is necessary and training will be provided.
(Please Note: If you are under 16 years of age, your application will still submit, but you will be not be eligible if this requirement is not fulfilled.)
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with LMC! Not only do we love welcoming in individuals who are also passionate about ocean conservation and sea turtle rehabilitation, but we're thrilled you've chosen our amazing community of volunteers to consider donating your talents and time.
Here is what to expect in the process:
- Fill out and submit the online volunteer application for the desired position above.
- Following submission, please keep an eye on your email address entered in the application for an invitation to our group interview events.
- Group interviews are held as stated above. Due to this, you can most often expect to hear back within a month of your submission.
- At our group interview events, prospective volunteers have the opportunity to learn more about LMC, how important our volunteers are to the function of our Center, meet staff representatives from different departments, and ask questions in a group-setting.
- Following interviews based on applicant availability and department needs, individuals will receive invitations to our Volunteer Orientation event where more information regarding specific positions is provided. Additional training is also included on your first few shifts at the Center.
- Even if a fit is not found initially, we encourage those interested to stay on our applicant list for future opportunities to attend a group interview.