Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) is one of the world’s most advanced sea turtle hospitals and one of Palm Beach County’s most visited cultural destinations. Founded in 1983, the Center has achieved very robust growth and is in the process of embarking upon a large capital expansion of the Juno Beach, FL campus.
LMC’s Mission Statement: To promote conservation of ocean ecosystems with a special focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles.
LMC’s Vision Statement: To be recognized locally and internationally as the leading authority in sea turtle education, research, and rehabilitation.
Do you want to work in a place where there’s joy every day? Where you can be proud to describe your work?
The Marketing & Social Media Coordinator works under the direction and oversight of the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications and collaborates with key staff members to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies for the purpose of promoting Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC) pursuant to its policies and objectives. This includes being responsible for coordinating organization-wide message and content generation through multiple communication channels. This is an entry level position.
Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as with a team. In addition, must have excellent organizational, writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Innovation and creativity is a must for this bright, energetic individual as well as strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Flexibility to attend occasional evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events is required.
Supervisor: Directly responsible to the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications.
• Prepare, edit and distribute LMC communications including, but not limited to: online communications, website, e-newsletters, social media, e-commerce copy, advertisements, program brochures, release notifications, promotional materials, annual report, etc. in keeping with LMC’s branding policy.
• Manage all aspects of organizations’ Social Media presence via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, blogs, email marketing, etc. as directed by management.
• Monitor all of LMC’s digital channels for content updates regularly, including: marketing posts, events, website updates, pictures/videos, and responding to Facebook comments. This includes the management of: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube.
• Track and report website and social media metrics weekly.
• Prepare, edit, and post weekly blog posts to LMC WordPress.
• Responsible for weekly product updates to LMC’s E-store and Amazon.com storefront.
• Assist the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications with web-based and community promotional and fundraising campaigns, including social media advertisements.
• Seek and implement marketing collaborations with other organizations that are relative to LMC’s mission. (Local tourism groups, hotels and other attractions).
• Attend and support marketing outreaches as needed.
• Represent the center at public and professional events as requested.
• Support LMC event coordination, marketing and implementation efforts.
• Secure media sponsorships and manage fulfillment for special events.
• Submit calendar listings to all media outlets for events and programs.
• Proofread all marketing, promotional materials and donor correspondence.
• Perform other marketing and communications activities as assigned.
• Assist in management and implementation of the LMC Brand Ambassador Program.
• Assist in submitting and documenting grant information for all Marketing grants including, Palm Beach County Cultural Council, Cardinals-Marlins Fund, Google Ads Grant, and Google One Today Project.
• Maintain and coordinate implementation of the annual marketing & communications calendar and special events list.
• Assist the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications with monthly PR/Marketing report.
• Oversee inventory of promotional materials and reorder as needed.
• Assist the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications with invoices and expense requests.
• Supervise interns, volunteers, and Street Beat team as needed to assist with daily responsibilities.
• Update job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities.
o Become knowledgeable with each LMC department:
▪ Marketing & Development
▪ Research & Rehabilitation
▪ Education & Conservation
▪ Retail, Pier and Manatee Lagoon
• Other administrative tasks as assigned.
• Grow and manage LMC’s email list utilizing best practices and creative list-growth techniques.
• Manage digital visitor sign-in platform (iCapture), including; data mining and upload, follow-up communication and recommendations for marketing campaigns.
• Grow and manage LMC’s Sea Turtle Release Notification email list.
Proven experience as an Administrative assistant or Office admin assistantAdvanced computer skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Gmail, Outlook, Web & Social Media savvy. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud is preferred but not required (donor database management). Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to seamlessly communicate with a variety of different customers. Experience with Mac computers and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is preferred.
BA or higher degree in marketing, communications, public/media relations, or related field, or demonstrated minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in one or more of these areas.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a key role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking a smart, thoughtful, and outgoing individual. LMC is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, including a base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
This is a salaried position, which may require the supervision of one or more employees and requires significant exercise of independent judgment and discretion with respect to matters of significance and which directly relates to management and the general business operations of Loggerhead Marinelife Center. The job position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and no overtime will be paid.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Introductory Period: It is the policy of LMC that all team members, including newly hired, transferred and promoted team members, will be carefully monitored and evaluated for an initial introductory period on the job. After satisfactory completion of the introductory evaluation, such team members will be evaluated on an annual basis.
About Loggerhead Marinelife Center:
Unique among nonprofits, LMC is a totally free (no charge) facility in North Palm Beach County, FL. LMC relies on the generosity of our guests, our volunteers, and our supporters to power our mission and vision. Our amazing 30+ year history is one of community, family, and fun. The good work we do on campus is designed to promote the conservation of ocean ecosystems and the protection of threatened and endangered sea turtles.
LMC is one of the most visited Cultural destinations in Palm Beach County and in 2015 LMC’s beach-side campus and pier attracted over 300,000 visitors nearly half of whom were from outside of Palm Beach County. In 2016, LMC entered into a working partnership with FPL to help operate Manatee Lagoon, a free educational facility in West Palm Beach designed to educate the public on the endangered manatee and the sensitive ecosystems the manatee calls home.
Our core focus areas are: education, research, and sea turtle rehabilitation and our campus is widely known for our world class sea turtle hospital, our cutting edge sea turtle research laboratory, our sea-side themed gift boutique, and our very popular public and signature events.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, “attention” Marketing Position.
You can also mail your cover letter and application materials to:
Loggerhead Marinelife Center
Attn: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
14200 U.S. Highway One
Juno Beach, FL 33408
Loggerhead Marinelife Center is an equal opportunity employer.