7-Day Sea Turtle Rescue & Conservation Adventure Tour
The island state of Hawai’i is home to one of the most ecologically important humpback whale migration routes and sea turtle habitats in the Pacific. Situated northwest of Hawai’i island lies Maui county made up of five main islands: Maui, Molokai, Kahoolawe, Molokini and Lanai. Your SWIM program takes you to the islands of Maui and Lanai, two islands famed for their biodiversity and proximity to abundant marine life. Endless stretches of white, red and black sand beaches – 30 miles to be exact! – welcome you to what is known as Hawaii’s most adventurous island.
On this service excursion, you will be participating in sea turtle and research and rescue projects to help local biologists better understand the population distribution of these animals as well as discover the other abundant marine life and ecosystems that comprise this beautiful archipelago.
• Assist biologists in monitoring sea turtle nesting trends & conducting research
• Day trip to island of Lanai
• Sunsets with basking honu on secluded beaches
• Responsibly observe the Hawaiian green sea turtle (honu) on morning snorkel excursions
• Maui Ocean Center admission
• Sunset and park admission to Haleakala National Park
• 7-day/6-night Honu of Maui, Hawai’i conservation vacation
• Airport transfers to accommodations
• All accommodations & most meals
• Applicable activity participation fees
* Trip price does not include flights, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs/gifts, personal food/drink, and optional luau.
Pricing: $2,099*/person (without airfare)
*based on double occupancy
Holiday Discount** $200 off total trip price until Dec. 31 2017
Contact Hannah Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-818-0227 to register.
Dates: June 24-30, 2018
Day 1: Depart Los Angeles, CA (LAX) / Arrive Kahului, Hawai’i (OGG)
Day 2: Project orientation, Maui Ocean Center Marine Institute (MOCMI) Day 1
• Introduction to Sea Turtles course and project overview
• Admission to Maui Ocean center and behind-the-scenes tour
• Bonfire & cookout at Olowalu cabin site
Day 3: Early morning sea turtle monitoring & observation snorkel, La Perouse Bay coastal hike & black sand beach sunset
• Observe and record honu sightings on various coastal reefs
• Walk among lava tubes in Ahihi-Kinau Natural Area Reserve
• Enjoy a Hawaiian picnic on a secluded black sand beach
Day 4: AM sea turtle nesting survey, MOCMI Day 2 & Night in Paia
• Assist with sea turtle nesting surveys on some of Maui’s most densely nested beaches
• Assist with rehabilitation efforts of stranded sea turtles at MOCMI
• Observe basking honu at a local beach for sunset
Day 5: Ferry cruise/debris removal on Lanai island & Night in Lahaina
• Optional traditional luau at Old Lahaina Luau
Day 6: Snorkel excursion at Honolua Bay & Haleakala sunset
• Half day snorkel adventure at Honolua Bay
• Catch sunset above the clouds at Haleakala National Park
Day 7: Depart Kahului, Hawai’i (OGG) / Arrive Los Angeles, CA
View the packing list here >>
For more information or to reserve your spot on a SWIM program, please email Hannah Campbell,
Environmental Programs Manager, at email@example.com or 561-627-8280 ext. 105.