STEM Education Programs: Field Trips
Tips and Tricks for a Smooth Sailing Field Trip!
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check-in.
- When you arrive, please go to the back of the building where a staff member will greet you (students will enter through the back gate). buses will park behind LMC in the parking lot closest to the beach.
- Field trip maximum is 60 students. please be prepared to divide students into groups, with no more than three groups of 20 students each.
- Field trip maximum is 6 chaperones. Any additional chaperones are welcome to do a self-guided tour of our facility separate of the field trip.
- When visiting the gift shop, please send no more than 7 students with an adult at one time.
- We recommend that all participants bring a filled reusable water bottle. However, we do have drinking fountains on site.
- If you plan to use the large pavilion at Loggerhead Park for lunch or activities, please reserve through Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation at 561-966-6611 or discover.pbcgov.org/parks/Pages/picnic-pavilion-rental.aspx
Directions to LMC
From I-95, exit at Donal Ross Rd. and head east for about 3 miles to US 1. Turn left, heading north, Travel 1/4 mile and turn right into Loggerhead Park. Turn LEFT at the stop sign toward the beach. Students will enter to the back deck. Bus parking is in the beach lot.