Summer may be coming to an end, but there is still time. Don’t waste your last moments of summer with nothing to do. Here at Loggerhead Marinelife Center we have a plenty do in August.
If you are looking for fun things for the children here are some options:
- Camp still has openings for the last week for ages 6-10 and high school students ages 14-17. This experience will get your young sea turtle lover and young scientist exactly what they have been looking for.
- Every Sunday, Dr. Logger puts on an interactive show for all ages from 2-2:30PM. Come learn about the life of a sea turtle and explore our outdoor sea turtle hospital.
- Junior Research Lab is every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Children learn about the nesting process and hatchling care in this 30-minute free program.
Looking for something for you and some friends to do, we have that too:
- Hatchling Releases are every day in the month of August and this is a unique experience that you do not want to miss out on. You are guided onto the beach at night to see our staff release hatchlings into the ocean.
- Biologist Beach Walks are for the early-birds. In August and the first week of September we give the public insight and hands on learning into the work we do at the research lab here at LMC.
- Guided tours are a great way to get an exclusive experience on campus. We offer many kinds of tours: public, private, private evening and skype virtual tours. Our Private evening tours are the ultimate experience with light bites and refreshments if you’re looking to make an evening out of it!
Need something to please all ages:
- Marinelife Day at the Gardens Mall is August 19th from 11AM – 4PM. This event has something for all ages. The event will feature exhibits and activities focused on marine pollution, the work that we’re doing at the Center, and how each person can help make a difference through simple behavioral changes. For the kids it will offer hands-on children’s labs, crafts, shows and activities highlighting the conservation, rehabilitation and research carried out at Loggerhead Marinelife Center. For the adults there will be a shop and share going on all day where a portion of the proceeds made will be donated to Loggerhead Marinelife Center. This event can be great for back to school shopping!
- Our monthly beach clean-up is also on August 19th at 8:30AM. Before you head to the mall for Marinelife day be sure to stop by our beach clean-up. Following 1-hour of cleaning the beach, join us for a light breakfast sponsored by Whole Foods Market in Palm Beach Gardens. Bring a bucket to collect the trash and garden gloves if you have them. This is a great activity to do with all ages to help us keep the beach that our turtles call home free from trash and litter.
Be sure to check out our calendar for all the dates and times of every event HERE!