Loggerhead Marinelife Center offers opportunities for individuals and businesses to give the gift of marine education to today’s youth by experiencing our hands on, feet wet programming.
Loggerhead Marinelife Center’s education department offers over 35+ programs and sees 50,000+ children each year through our various school and public programming. With a special focus on sea turtles and marine conservation, our goal is to continue to expand our reach across geographic, ethnic and financial boundaries to bring awareness and education to both children and adults of marine science and conservation.
“To inspire individuals to engage in the conservation of the world’s ocean by providing the knowledge and resources to take responsible action.”
We strive for fun.
• We believe that learning is better when exploring concepts and experiments feels like play! We incorporate familiar games into marine science lessons for greater engagement in youth programming
• Our staff and experienced program docents inspire excitement through their positive attitudes and inclusive approach to learning
• We stay up-to-date and blend our educational conservation lessons using the latest youth trends and interests
We strive for excellence.
• Using hands-on marine science tools and equipment, we incorporate practical application of knowledge and skills into our programming for aspiring scientists
• Our K-12 programming incorporates Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM) concepts and applications
• All school programming is Next Generation Sunshine State Standard (NGSSS) aligned for ready-to-use lesson plans and curricula in the classroom
We strive to make an impact.
• We reach more than 153,000 individuals each year through our various public, school and outreach programs
• We design our programs to be mission-centric, to bring awareness and education to children and adults of marine science and conservation