What You Need To Know:
What are the festival hours?
TurtleFest is a day-long event on Saturday, March 18, 2023, held from 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. in Loggerhead Park.
Where is TurtleFest located and how can I get there?
TurtleFest is being held at Loggerhead Marinelife Center and the surrounding Loggerhead Park in Juno Beach, Florida. The festival area is just north of Donald Ross Road between US-1 and A1A. No parking on-site.
Where should I park?
• All parking is FREE and will be located at Florida Power & Light.
• These satellite lots are located at 700 Universe Blvd., Juno Beach and are accessible from US-1.
• Free shuttle buses to and from LMC will run every 15 minutes.
No parking is allowed in Loggerhead Park without a proper permit. The day’s activities focus on conservation, so car pooling is encouraged! We have a complimentary Bike Valet available on A1A behind the Center. Please respect our Juno Beach neighbors by not parking in residential areas.
Be Advised: Some surrounding businesses have opted to open their parking lots and charge a fee for festival parking. We do NOT receive any of these proceeds and are not responsible for your personal property if you choose to park there.
How can I enter TurtleFest?
• Free shuttle buses will drop guests off at the front entrance to the Center.
• Pets, bicycles, and skateboards are not allowed past the festival gates.
• Enter the event through the front door entrance. There will be a complimentary bike valet located at the back of the festival on Ocean Avenue (A1A) by the beach access.
How many people will be at the festival?
Approximately 10,000 people are anticipated to attend TurtleFest 2023.
I heard admission to TurtleFest is FREE. Is that true?
Yes, admission is free courtesy of our generous event sponsors. Donations are always appreciated, but not required.
Since admission is free, should I still bring money to the festival?
• Food and beverage will be for sale at the event as well as fine art, crafts, official merchandise, and an array of items in the newly expanded LMC gift store.
• An ATM machine is located on campus for your convenience.
• The gift store at LMC and many of the vendors/artists accept major credit cards.
• LMC is a non-profit organization that appreciates your donations and patronage.
What if I have special accessibility needs?
TurtleFest is accessible during all hours to all disabled visitors and senior citizens. A limited number of handicap parking spots are available in Loggerhead Park. Disabled visitors and senior citizens may also take shuttles from FPL. Directional signs will be posted.
If I ride a bicycle to TurtleFest, where can I park it?
LMC is encouraging attendees to ride their bicycle to TurtleFest and is providing FREE Bicycle Valet Service at the event entrance on Ocean Avenue (A1A). Everyone that Valets a bicycle will receive 25% off the purchase of a refillable water bottle.
Is food available for sale at TurtleFest?
The festival offers a variety of food choices to tempt even the most discriminating palates. No outside food is allowed at the festival.
What is the beverage, bottle and can policy?
Please do not bring outside beverages to the festival. Revenue from on-site beverage sales allows LMC to raise much needed funds that are essential for promoting conservation of Florida’s ocean ecosystems with a special focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles.
Are beverages available for purchase?
• Non-alcoholic beverages offered on-site include an array of Coke products and fresh squeezed lemonade.
• In lieu of selling plastic water bottles, TurtleFest will feature a water station where guests may refill their reusable water bottles for free all day long! Please either bring your own bottle or purchase one at the festival - staff will be selling limited edition TurtleFest 2023 aluminum water bottles next to the water station for $7.00. Support our efforts to reduce the marine debris and better protect the ocean.
• Each year, more and more plastic debris enters the ocean. It breaks down into tiny pieces and floats in the currents for years, damaging the ecosystem from the bottom of the food chain up. Plastic debris is a problem we face in our sea turtle hospital far too often.
Will alcoholic beverages be for sale?
• Alcoholic beverages are sold within the festival site for those of legal age. Regulations require that alcoholic beverages purchased at the event remain on-site.
• Festival security will ask you to dispose of any alcoholic beverages before you exit or enter.
• Please don’t drink and drive; let Uber, Lyft or a taxi be your designated driver.
What number should I call for information on the day of TurtleFest?
Please contact the festival office at 561-627-8280 extension 119. Emergency calls should be directed to 911.
Are pets allowed?
Be kind to your pets — leave them at home when you visit TurtleFest. Service animals are permitted.
Are there other TurtleFest rules?
• Skateboards, roller blades, large signs and placards which may endanger or inconvenience the public attending the TurtleFest are prohibited.
• The festival reserves the right to decline admittance to anyone who violates the reasonable policies established for public safety or to restrict activities such as public access to designated areas. All packages are subject to search.
With so many vendors and artists, should I still shop the Loggerhead Marinelife Center gift store?
• Proceeds from the gift store are a vital source of revenue for LMC, a non-profit organization. The gift store is located within the center's main building.
• Official TurtleFest t-shirts and merchandise will also be sold at the gift store tent, located in Loggerhead Park. The gift store accepts major credit cards.
Will first aid be available?
First aid service is available in Loggerhead Park across from A1A. Please refer to the TurtleFest map for location.
Qualified attendants can assist you or refer you elsewhere as necessary. Emergency transportation service is provided on-site.
Is there a lost and found?
Lost and found items may be dropped off at a tent next to A1A in Loggerhead Park. Please refer to the TurtleFest map for location.
What if my child gets lost?
Direct any lost children inquiries to the main stage and our event emcee.